14 High Street, Sandown, Isle of Wight - Capital & Counties Bank / Lloyds Bank

This is Number 14 High Street, Sandown, Isle of Wight, once the premises of the Capital & Counties Bank.


The C&C Bank had been in Sandown since at least 1882, but it is unclear exactly when this building was built.


The Capital & Counties bank was taken over by Lloyds Bank around 1918 and a Lloyds Branch remained in the premises for almost one hundred years until around 2016.

This marker pen sketch shows how Number 14 looked when it was decorated for the coronation of King George V in 1911.


Please read more about the history of Sandown shops with more shop illustrations on our page Sandown History.

Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square