"My head teacher was retiring from school after 22 years leaving a legacy of a new school build. I asked Angela to paint a watercolour to commemorate this. I can not recommend Angela and her work highly enough. She kept in constant contact with me throughout to ensure I was happy with her work and I was able to log on to her website to watch the painting in progress. The final painting was just perfect and resulted in a very emotional, happy headteacher who now has this beautiful keepsake to remember the school by. Thank you so much, Angela. Your personal touch and attention to detail was simply wonderful." (23-7-20 JW)

Commission styles, sizes and approximate prices

You can commission Quayscape to create a personalised illustration of a house, pub, shop, historical building, yacht, boat or a scene in watercolour, gouache, digital format or paper.  

Quayscape offers a completely bespoke service, so exact prices depend on style, size, subject, timescale and delivery.  

Low cost options are also available, state your budget and style preference in a message and we will let you know what is possible.  Prices start at £30.

If you need something in a hurry, dont be afraid to ask if there is time, paintings and sketches can be scanned, edited and sent digitally for you to print out if there is not enough time to send by post.

How to order:

  1. Choose which style of picture you prefer:  formal watercolour, informal watercolour, pen and watercolour, gouache, ink line, digital.  For more examples of different styles see Gallery page, Instagram page.

  2. Budget.  The information below gives a rough guide to prices, but price is dependent on style, size, subject, timescale and delivery etc.  Exact price will be confirmed by email.  

  3. Timeframe:  At certain times of the year there will be a waiting list for commission slots, a rough time frame will be confirmed in initial reply

  4. Photographs: Please send a photograph or street address with your initial enquiry for a rough idea of what is to be painted.  For the actual commission, high resolution photographs are preferable.  Clear iPhone photos are great, but please send as 'actual size' on email.  Screenshot images are also very helpful, but they are lower resolution so harder to see the detail.  A full address is very helpful for google street view etc.

  5. Framing and shipping costs: Paintings can be framed in a simple white frame with acrylic front dependant on frame stocks.  Please note that framing increases shipping costs. Shipping costs range from about £7 for a small unframed painting, to £16+ for a larger framed painting.  Pictures are always sent through a 'signed for' delivery service, either Royal Mail or Parcelforce.

  6. Send a message with a details of what you would like, together with a small photo.  
    You will hear back with confirmation of timescale, price and shipping cost.

  7. Payment: Before starting a full painting a quick sketch is done so that you can agree to the angle /composition of the image.  Once agreed, a 25% deposit is requested with the remaining 75% to be paid before shipping.  Payment can be made by bank transfer or credit card if requested.

  8. See our commission terms and conditions page.

Contact

quayscape@hotmail.com

instagram.com/quayscapedesigns

facebook.com/​quayscapedesigns

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/QuayscapeDesigns

For instant commissions with fixed prices, see our Etsy site  (note that at busy times of the year there may not be any Etsy listings, but please message through Etsy if you prefer to buy through them)

Paper sizes

 

Large 

  • 16x20” (40x50 cm) standard size frame

  • Actual paper is cut to size to fit the outside edge of mount

  • Mount exterior size approx 16x20" (40x50cm)

  • Mount hole size approx 30x40 cm, so image fits within hole

Large panorama

  • 12x24" frame

  • Actual paper is cut to size to fit the outside edge of mount

  • Mount exterior size approx 12x24" (30x60cm)

  • Mount hole size approx 22x52 cm, so image fits within hole

 

Medium 

  • 12x16” (30x40 cm) standard size frame

  • Actual paper is cut to size to fit the outside edge of mount

  • Mount exterior size approx 30x40cm

  • Mount hole size approx 20x30cm, so image fits within hole

 

Small

  • 11x14” (28x35 cm) standard size frame

  • Actual paper is 9x12” (31x23cm)

  • Mount exterior size 28x35cm

  • Mount hole size 20x27cm

 

 

Digital, ink and printed sizes

  • A3      16.5 x 11.7“    420 x 297 mm

  • A4      11.7 x 8.3“      297 x 210 mm

  • A5      8.3 x 5.8“       210 x 148 mm

We don’t have any products to show right now.

We don’t have any products to show right now.

We don’t have any products to show right now.

We don’t have any products to show right now.