85 High Street, Sandown IOW - a little history



This is a quick marker pen sketch of 85 High Street Sandown - now Serenity’s Cafe.


Over the years the building has seen various occupants initially as a furniture dealers (including Charles W Gould around 1898, Frank Morris from 1901, and Archibald Edgar Thomas from 1911) and later as a cafe (Rich and Collins in the 1940s, Penelope’s in the late 50’s and now Serenity’s)


Please read more about the history of Sandown shops with more shop illustrations on our page Sandown History.

Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square